Monday, March 7, 2011

A Streak of Light

I appear at Fantasy's forest, and she's not immediately there.  I look around for her, and I'm perplexed.  I call out to her, and she's there in a flash of green light.  I step back a little.

"Oh Fantasy!  You startled me!"  I smile, "I'm glad you're all right."

Fantasy is dancing in midair and the air around her is twinkling.  I've found something I think you're going to love.  I suggest you take in the site fully, but not before you do the exersise.  I know it's not a game, but I think you'll like it none-the-less.

"Ok.  Tell me about it." I sit on a log nearby.

It's at a site called Language is a Virus.  There is a lot going on there.  The exercise I want to tell you about is called Sentence Builder.

"Ok.  So what do you do?  I want to try it out, and I will check it out, but I want to try it out with you here." I open up my laptop and start up windows.

She waves her hand, and a pale green screen appears.  Write one sentence and split it into four parts.  

I write:

Sometimes I want to be a character in a novel, but then I realize when I write, I am!

Part 1  Sometimes I want to 
Part 2  be a character in a novel
Part 3  But then I realize
Part 4  That when I write, I am!


For each phrase write three phrases that say the same thing using different words. 

 Ooh, this could be tough, but I'm up for the challenge.  :)  

1  Frequently, I desire to 
    In times, I long for
   I dream often of
2  be an actor in a book
    walking inside a story
    participate as a part of a telling   
3  but I am startled
    but I am shocked
    but I am intrigued
4  when I create, I transform
    as I type, I become someone different
    as I dream, I can become someone else


Ohh, I think you did well with that.  Now, let's see.  It says to put the sentences into the form and submit it.  Are you going to?

I am hesitant.  I'm hoping it's not a generator that adds something to the sentences.  I could do that, but then again, this would be a good thing to do.  Already it has helped get the creative juices flowing.  I nod.  "I think I will.  Here goes."

I copy and paste my material to the form.  Here's what I got.  It basically looks like it put the sentences together in different ways; then it allows you to save the file.  Once you get the hang of it, you can do it on your own computer offline.


Frequently, I desire to be an actor in a book but I am startled when I create, I transform.
Frequently, I desire to be an actor in a book but I am startled as I type, I become someone different.
Frequently, I desire to be an actor in a book but I am startled as I dream, I can become someone else.
Frequently, I desire to be an actor in a book but I am shocked when I create, I transform.
Frequently, I desire to be an actor in a book but I am shocked as I type, I become someone different.
Frequently, I desire to be an actor in a book but I am shocked as I dream, I can become someone else.
Frequently, I desire to be an actor in a book but I am intrigued when I create, I transform.
Frequently, I desire to be an actor in a book but I am intrigued as I type, I become someone different.
Frequently, I desire to be an actor in a book but I am intrigued as I dream, I can become someone else.
Frequently, I desire to walking inside a story but I am startled when I create, I transform.
Frequently, I desire to walking inside a story but I am startled as I type, I become someone different.
Frequently, I desire to walking inside a story but I am startled as I dream, I can become someone else.
Frequently, I desire to walking inside a story but I am shocked when I create, I transform.
Frequently, I desire to walking inside a story but I am shocked as I type, I become someone different.
Frequently, I desire to walking inside a story but I am shocked as I dream, I can become someone else.
Frequently, I desire to walking inside a story but I am intrigued when I create, I transform.
Frequently, I desire to walking inside a story but I am intrigued as I type, I become someone different.
Frequently, I desire to walking inside a story but I am intrigued as I dream, I can become someone else.
Frequently, I desire to participate as a part of a telling but I am startled when I create, I transform.
Frequently, I desire to participate as a part of a telling but I am startled as I type, I become someone different.
Frequently, I desire to participate as a part of a telling but I am startled as I dream, I can become someone else.
Frequently, I desire to participate as a part of a telling but I am shocked when I create, I transform.
Frequently, I desire to participate as a part of a telling but I am shocked as I type, I become someone different.
Frequently, I desire to participate as a part of a telling but I am shocked as I dream, I can become someone else.
Frequently, I desire to participate as a part of a telling but I am intrigued when I create, I transform.
Frequently, I desire to participate as a part of a telling but I am intrigued as I type, I become someone different.
Frequently, I desire to participate as a part of a telling but I am intrigued as I dream, I can become someone else.
In times, I long for be an actor in a book but I am startled when I create, I transform.
In times, I long for be an actor in a book but I am startled as I type, I become someone different.
In times, I long for be an actor in a book but I am startled as I dream, I can become someone else.
In times, I long for be an actor in a book but I am shocked when I create, I transform.
In times, I long for be an actor in a book but I am shocked as I type, I become someone different.
In times, I long for be an actor in a book but I am shocked as I dream, I can become someone else.
In times, I long for be an actor in a book but I am intrigued when I create, I transform.
In times, I long for be an actor in a book but I am intrigued as I type, I become someone different.
In times, I long for be an actor in a book but I am intrigued as I dream, I can become someone else.
In times, I long for walking inside a story but I am startled when I create, I transform.
In times, I long for walking inside a story but I am startled as I type, I become someone different.
In times, I long for walking inside a story but I am startled as I dream, I can become someone else.
In times, I long for walking inside a story but I am shocked when I create, I transform.
In times, I long for walking inside a story but I am shocked as I type, I become someone different.
In times, I long for walking inside a story but I am shocked as I dream, I can become someone else.
In times, I long for walking inside a story but I am intrigued when I create, I transform.
In times, I long for walking inside a story but I am intrigued as I type, I become someone different.
In times, I long for walking inside a story but I am intrigued as I dream, I can become someone else.
In times, I long for participate as a part of a telling but I am startled when I create, I transform.
In times, I long for participate as a part of a telling but I am startled as I type, I become someone different.
In times, I long for participate as a part of a telling but I am startled as I dream, I can become someone else.
In times, I long for participate as a part of a telling but I am shocked when I create, I transform.
In times, I long for participate as a part of a telling but I am shocked as I type, I become someone different.
In times, I long for participate as a part of a telling but I am shocked as I dream, I can become someone else.
In times, I long for participate as a part of a telling but I am intrigued when I create, I transform.
In times, I long for participate as a part of a telling but I am intrigued as I type, I become someone different.
In times, I long for participate as a part of a telling but I am intrigued as I dream, I can become someone else.
I dream often of be an actor in a book but I am startled when I create, I transform.
I dream often of be an actor in a book but I am startled as I type, I become someone different.
I dream often of be an actor in a book but I am startled as I dream, I can become someone else.
I dream often of be an actor in a book but I am shocked when I create, I transform.
I dream often of be an actor in a book but I am shocked as I type, I become someone different.
I dream often of be an actor in a book but I am shocked as I dream, I can become someone else.
I dream often of be an actor in a book but I am intrigued when I create, I transform.
I dream often of be an actor in a book but I am intrigued as I type, I become someone different.
I dream often of be an actor in a book but I am intrigued as I dream, I can become someone else.
I dream often of walking inside a story but I am startled when I create, I transform.
I dream often of walking inside a story but I am startled as I type, I become someone different.
I dream often of walking inside a story but I am startled as I dream, I can become someone else.
I dream often of walking inside a story but I am shocked when I create, I transform.
I dream often of walking inside a story but I am shocked as I type, I become someone different.
I dream often of walking inside a story but I am shocked as I dream, I can become someone else.
I dream often of walking inside a story but I am intrigued when I create, I transform.
I dream often of walking inside a story but I am intrigued as I type, I become someone different.
I dream often of walking inside a story but I am intrigued as I dream, I can become someone else.
I dream often of participate as a part of a telling but I am startled when I create, I transform.
I dream often of participate as a part of a telling but I am startled as I type, I become someone different.
I dream often of participate as a part of a telling but I am startled as I dream, I can become someone else.
I dream often of participate as a part of a telling but I am shocked when I create, I transform.
I dream often of participate as a part of a telling but I am shocked as I type, I become someone different.
I dream often of participate as a part of a telling but I am shocked as I dream, I can become someone else.
I dream often of participate as a part of a telling but I am intrigued when I create, I transform.
I dream often of participate as a part of a telling but I am intrigued as I type, I become someone different.
I dream often of participate as a part of a telling but I am intrigued as I dream, I can become someone else.


So what do you rate it as?

"Hmmm, 4 out of 5.  It was a good challenge, and it did help with the work, but it was predictable in the end.  I'll use it definitely.  Thank you Fantasy." I save the file and get ready to go to craft group.  "See you next week."

You bet Michelle.  She waves as I leave, and then she is gone just as quickly as she arrived. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Everyone,

Fantasy and I are hoping you will leave a comment for us. Either of us will get back to you as soon as possible, but if we don't, we still want you to post anyway. It's just that we're gathering some information for the blog. Please feel free to use comments as a response for the exercises too! That's what they're here for too!

Would love to hear from you!

Michelle