Saturday, December 11, 2010

Lonesome

Hmmm, you know Fantasy, I've been on some other blogs now, and I've been hoping some people would join us.  It's Christmas time, yet I feel lonesome here.

I know.  Kinda dull, isn't it?

Yeah.  I was hoping we'd get more people.  Well, I guess I had better get searching.  Any ideas about what to write about?

Well, since we are lonely, and it's Christmas time, how about a piece about someone who's lonely at Christmas time?

Ok.  I'll give it a try, but I'll give it a positive twist.

Sounds good.

She stands there on the corner whitened
She shivers while she stands there
Hoping to meet a friend
On which she can spend

"Send an hour with me"
She asked her friend on the phone
"Sure I'll come." Her promise was empty
 So she stands with her gift in hand

Hands weren't there for her that Christmas
Nor the one after that
So people called her the Lonesome Lass
When she came around

Around the neighborhood she walked
Trying to make a friend
At first with everyone she talked
Until she didn't have any more words

Words weren't what she needed, but they came
Came with some actions
Some people took her in that Christmas
And she wasn't the same

Same lass, oh no
She lit up like a Christmas tree
She finally had a true friend
People thought it was a mystery

Mystery of how the lonesome lass became joyful
All the year long
Those who saw her found His pull
And called her Joy

Oh, that's nice.  What are you going to call it?

Lonesome Lass - then they can figure out the mystery too.

Oh, that's too cool!  :)

Thanks Fantasy, and thanks for your ideas.

You're welcome.  Oh, and by the way, why the extra circle?  I don't have that.

Don't worry Fantasy.  You'll have lots of lines for now, but it'll all work out in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Everyone,

Fantasy and I are hoping you will leave a comment for us. Either of us will get back to you as soon as possible, but if we don't, we still want you to post anyway. It's just that we're gathering some information for the blog. Please feel free to use comments as a response for the exercises too! That's what they're here for too!

Would love to hear from you!

Michelle